Me, Myself and I

My photo
Hi, I am a professional dancer with big ambitions and dreams... I have danced from the age of 6 but my real training began when I was 16 at the Northern Ballet School in Manchester! There I trained for 3 years, achieving not only my Trinity Lv 6 Diploma but my Advanced 2 & DDI in Tap and my Advanced 1 in RAD Ballet! I have accepted my first professional contract and will soon start rehearsals to dance on Fred Olsen's Balmoral on a world cruise and I have also just enrolled on my BAPP course which will lead on to hopefully achieving a BA Hons Degree in Professional Practice! It will certainly be a wild ride (hopefully) so check back on my blog regularly to see what I am doing and hopefully help me with my discussions as I provide evidence and work for my degree! Keep Smiling!

Monday 22 September 2014

BAPP: The Beginning

So this is my first attempt at putting metaphorical pen to paper, after not long getting back from a great induction down in London, where I met some of my fellow uni buddies, I am sat here metaphorically chewing my metaphorical pen because I am incredibly apprehensive of what is to come!

Having never really kept a blog or a journal this will be an incredible learning curve for me, a great opportunity to express myself in a linguistic manner as opposed to a physical manner which I am very used to and very comfortable doing. However I feel the beauty of this blog is that it strips down the make up and the costumes and the lights and helps me express my passion and my knowledge of my art in its rawest form.

I hope to explore my art beyond the fabulous facade of "show biz" and performance and look at what influences my drive and passion in the first place. Discover things about something I have dedicated my life to that I may have previously overlooked and most importantly I want to better myself, because without a constant strive for improvement in this industry you will be chewed up and spat out onto the pavement.


So if this hasn't put you off already then please follow my blog as I embark on my new adventure and feel free to post ideas or express your opinions in any way you see fit!

Keep Smiling!

My Headshot (Copyright Nicola Selby Photography)

No comments:

Post a Comment