Me, Myself and I

My photo
Hi, I am a professional dancer with big ambitions and dreams... I have danced from the age of 6 but my real training began when I was 16 at the Northern Ballet School in Manchester! There I trained for 3 years, achieving not only my Trinity Lv 6 Diploma but my Advanced 2 & DDI in Tap and my Advanced 1 in RAD Ballet! I have accepted my first professional contract and will soon start rehearsals to dance on Fred Olsen's Balmoral on a world cruise and I have also just enrolled on my BAPP course which will lead on to hopefully achieving a BA Hons Degree in Professional Practice! It will certainly be a wild ride (hopefully) so check back on my blog regularly to see what I am doing and hopefully help me with my discussions as I provide evidence and work for my degree! Keep Smiling!

Sunday 15 November 2015

Just when you think the prospecrt of getting literature is bleak...

after a quick Skype session from a ship terminal in Singapore and some feedback from my advisors, I came to the conclusion that when it came to literature, my study had took me on a path that I didn’t expect to go on. From the start I assumed I would be studying my a scientific route however I was took down the more social side.

Therefore it was apparent that I would need to find some literature based on more social studies. However, being on a ship it is hard to access the  bast amount of literature available due to time and internet.

Then something bizarre happened, in a bar in Phuket, Thailand, my team mate bumped into an old friend who he hadn’t seen in around 6 years who happened to be on holiday there. This friend turned out to be a university lecturer and through general conversation it emerged that he lectured in Sports Sociology. I could not even believe my ears, he has papers upon papers published on the social affects on sports and relationships within team mates. I know I was specifically looking for relationships within performing arts but just these social studies in general will give me some solid comparable points to work with.



I am just always amused how the universe works!

No comments:

Post a Comment