Me, Myself and I

My photo
Hi, I am a professional dancer with big ambitions and dreams... I have danced from the age of 6 but my real training began when I was 16 at the Northern Ballet School in Manchester! There I trained for 3 years, achieving not only my Trinity Lv 6 Diploma but my Advanced 2 & DDI in Tap and my Advanced 1 in RAD Ballet! I have accepted my first professional contract and will soon start rehearsals to dance on Fred Olsen's Balmoral on a world cruise and I have also just enrolled on my BAPP course which will lead on to hopefully achieving a BA Hons Degree in Professional Practice! It will certainly be a wild ride (hopefully) so check back on my blog regularly to see what I am doing and hopefully help me with my discussions as I provide evidence and work for my degree! Keep Smiling!

Thursday 3 December 2015

My Artifact

I was really struggling with developing my ideas for my artefact. My study was aimed at helping people develop positive relationships within the industry but having to present these findings in a way that could help people.

I had an idea that I could develop some team building exercises from the knowledge I found out in my analysis and combine this with an induction book for a new cast. This way you could get to grips with a new cast and team and learn about the environment you are in.

Has anyone started on their artifact yet? How have people gone about developing their ideas?


1 comment:

  1. I struggled with an idea for my artefact as well, as I wasn't looking at anything that would have a definite 'yes or no' type answer.
    I decided to create (as weird as it sounds) almost a manifesto, in the way that people who write about and practice theatre have done for years (such as Stanislavski, Boal, Artaud, etc.) as I felt that it would be the best way to present my findings. I had originally thought about doing a 'talking heads' style mini-documentary, but several of those I interviewed wanted to remain anonymous so I had to rethink it!
    I think a handbook would be a brilliant idea; sort of a combination of anecdotes and exercises to show people new to the industry a 'best practice' sort of thing?
    xx

    ReplyDelete