Me, Myself and I

My photo
Hi, I am a professional dancer with big ambitions and dreams... I have danced from the age of 6 but my real training began when I was 16 at the Northern Ballet School in Manchester! There I trained for 3 years, achieving not only my Trinity Lv 6 Diploma but my Advanced 2 & DDI in Tap and my Advanced 1 in RAD Ballet! I have accepted my first professional contract and will soon start rehearsals to dance on Fred Olsen's Balmoral on a world cruise and I have also just enrolled on my BAPP course which will lead on to hopefully achieving a BA Hons Degree in Professional Practice! It will certainly be a wild ride (hopefully) so check back on my blog regularly to see what I am doing and hopefully help me with my discussions as I provide evidence and work for my degree! Keep Smiling!

Sunday 20 December 2015

My office of sorts: Blogging Struggles

This blog is to explain (ironically) how I have struggled without frequent and decent wifi connection and the impact it has had on my degree work and.

Since starting my degree I have completed 1 cruise ship contract and started (and now mid way) another one. While this environment has been imperative for my inquiry as I explored the effects such close confinement had on working relationships, the lack of wifi connection has put spanners in the works a few times.

With no real office space, I usually set up shop in the library, while it is not ideal as it is a guest area, some of the views are a nice way to work:



The lack of access to wifi means that when I do have connection I do not have time to read through and comment on bloggs as it is either too slow or too expensive. Posting bloggs was a bit easier as I could pre-write them and upload them if the connection decided it was going to play ball. Although it has had an impact on this specific side to the course, I feel lucky that I was in the same boat as some other students (literally). Sarah S, also on module 3 is on board with me and while we were not able to join in the discussions online to help develop our enquries, we set up study groups in the library where we were able to have discussions and develop ideas. So it was not all doom and gloom, we just went back to the good old methods of face to face discussion. BUT not having a solid wifi connection was difficult!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Anthony! good that you two could together during your degree studies.

    ReplyDelete